Half frames: UPLB: my campus, my home
Truth be told, I only appreciate LB when I see beautiful pictures of it.
I love how enchanting never ending bridge looks in the lower left photo.
Most people tend to associate the “Hero” title with their dads. In my case though (and probably in your case too), it’s my mom who usually does the saving. Don’t get me wrong. My dad plays a big part in the rescue too but mostly, when I get caught in some serious trouble, it’s my mom who “flies” to save my ass. And I guess that makes her worthier of the title. Well, alright, she doesn’t actually wear a star-spangled boob tube or a pair of bullet-deflecting bracelets but that doesn’t mean she can’t pass as a hero.
Pretty much like the heroes you see in films or read in comic books, my mom never ceases to fulfill her duties. She always makes it a point to put my desires before her own. She never fails to lend me a hand whenever I need one. She’s a strategist because she always finds a way to get me out of difficulty. She’s a source of strength and motivation. She’s basically the same as those stereotypical heroes except for one amazing thing: she really does exist! See, she’s not just a figment of some artist’s imagination. This hero I’m talking about is for real. And until recently, I wasn’t aware that I’ve been living my whole life with a supermom. This makes me realize how stupid and lucky I’ve been. Stupid for not acknowledging her efforts most of the time and lucky for having someone to put up with such attitude of mine. Our moms can be really irritating sometimes but you see, not everyone is lucky enough to have their own. No matter how annoying she can be when she plays Candy Crush for hours or when she goes gaga over John Lloyd Cruz (wth he’s not even good-looking), she’s still and will always be the person who never gets tired of doing everything for me. :)) Happy mother’s day to you my heroine. :)
Yep I’m a BSABE dude
….You realize, of course, that Hermione Granger lit a teacher on fire when she was eleven, and kept a person alive in a jar for a year when she was fourteen, and studies dark and forbidden magics for kicks, and is one of the brightest and strongest witches of her era. If she came at me, even wandless, I would aparate to Neptune to get away from her.
Hermione Granger also:
- punched Draco Malfoy in the nose for being an idiot
- purposefully performed a confundus charm on whatshsface WHILE HE WAS FLYING just so Ron would win (omfg that is so fucking dangerous)
- literally pulled a fucking Bourne Identity on her parents and managed to set them up in fucking Australia (jesus christ she literally made it so that she NEVER EXISTED wtf that’s so fucking 007)
- Convinced the Ministry of Magic to give her an incredibly dangerous and volatile device that allowed her to ALTER TIMELINES COMPLETELY (just because she was so smart, literally, that is the reason, her “potential”)
- Has enough basic survival skills and badass magic to literally disappear to the middle of nowhere and flourish AND figure out Voldemort’s plot with Harry
- Hermione also figures out not only what Voldemort’s plan is, but generally how to beat it, WAY BEFORE VOLDEMORT EVER DOES. Why? because she is just that much smarter and better at magic than everybody else
in conclusion: Voldemort wishes he could be as awesome as Hermione, that’s why he wants to kill her so bad.
Can we rehave this series with hermione as the protagonist.
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Used the Power of Research and Deductive Reasoning to Make Sure Harry Didn’t Die”
Hermione Granger and “That time I figured shit out and literally ended up petrified for the cause and it took my friends weeks to figure out that I had the research on me”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Was a Time Lord”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I Realized I was Hot and Smart and Saved Harry’s Ass with Research. Again. All the Time. Really, He Would Have Died Without Me.”
Hermione Granger and “That time Harry was too emo to actually do shit so I did shit in his name because I am the power behind the throne clearly also PS fought evil deatheaters and won”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I told Harry about the Dangers of Copying off Somebody’s else’s work that wasn’t mine and OH LOOK I WAS RIGHT”
Hermione Granger and “That Time I let Harry Decide Where to Go and What To do and we ended up wandering the forests of dean for like 5 months before saving his ass at Hogwarts”
OH LOOK I WAS RIGHT
all of the above ^^
Kirsten Dunst as Katie Marks in “All Good Things” (2010)